Technology has been both a miracle and a curse in terms of internet of Things. If you are an all-time user of the Internet, then you must have antivirus software on your device. But it is not always possible to purchase the same number of antivirus as your device. There could be other possible reasons to use one norton.com/setup license on another device. The probable reason could be that you are going to replace your old device with the new one and you want to protect your personal information and data on the new device as well.
Although you can buy a new antivirus product for your new device, what’s bad in using the old one and saving some bucks? There is only one prerequisite to transfer the old license to your new Norton AntiVirus product. You must first remove the license from the old system and then transfer it to the new one.
Steps to transfer the Norton License
- Navigate to the norton.com/setup subscription page.
- Login to your account using the credentials which you provided at the time of purchasing the license.
- Go to the “Services” section and tap on the Norton antivirus option.
- Right-click on it and you will see a trash bin available next to the name of the old device.
- Click on the trash bin icon that is visible in the “Manage My Installs” sections and this will remove the license from the system.
- To once again download the license on the new device, click on the “Download” button.
- Carefully read the license agreement and tap on the “Agree & Download” option.
- Save the downloaded Norton file on the hard drive.
- Now, the setup wizard will start automatically.
- In the next step, click on the “Run” option to launch the wizard.
- At last, click on the “Agree & Install” option and wait for a few minutes so that the activation process will start automatically.
If you are unable to use the old Norton license on your new device, then it is better that you buy a new one. Sometimes, the subscription is valid for one device per user only; in that case, you will be unable to use it on more than one device.
How to purchase a new Norton License?
- Go to the official Norton website.
- Select the type of subscription of which you want to purchase the license.
- Click on the “Buy Now” option available next to it.
(Note: You have the option to subscribe for one to three years, this means you can choose according to your need. You can also purchase several licenses if you wish to use the same product on multiple devices)
- Uncheck the box that asks for your consent to the subscription renewal.
- Click “confirm” or click “Continue”.
- In the next step, click “Continue to Secure Checkout” option.
- Enter the required information completely to finish the purchasing process.
- Now, you will receive the Norton product key on the registered email.
- Launch the product and click on the “Activate Now” option.
- Enter the Norton product key and click “Next”.
- Follow the prompts to complete the process and hit the “done” option.
Your device is now protected from the threats and viruses. With Norton, you can protect as many devices as you want, depending on the subscription you have chosen. If you encounter any problem regarding the Norton License transfer process, connect to the Norton experts or visit the official website to know more about it.
Read related FAQ solutions: Manage installs on your Norton subscription