Many of you might not be aware of the concept of Norton Safe Search; it is Web protection software that safeguards your online identity at the time of surfing the internet. It is uniquely designed with the aim of keeping your identity secures from hackers when you search or shop anything from online platforms. Not only this, but Norton Safe Web also analyses the security level of each website that you surf or you click on. It monitors and checks the website in advance to see whether the website is virus-free or not.
The application for Norton Safe Search (url – https://search.norton.com/ ) will show you the site ratings that are measured as Security levels and this is just to know whether the website that you are visiting or have visited is infection-free or not. In this article, you will get to know the guidelines to manage Norton Safe Web without any error on the go. So, without ado, let’s get started!
What is Norton Safe Search?
As explained already, it is a secured search engine that safeguards users from visiting suspicious and risky websites that are prone to vulnerable virus infections. It is an advanced technology and rates the website according to their security levels.
How do you turn on Norton Safe Search?
To know the basic steps that are required to turn on Norton Safe Search, you just need to follow the steps mentioned below:-
- Open the Google Chrome Browser from your desktop and then click on the “Settings” tab to open it.
- Drag your pointer on the “More Tools” option and then click on the “Extensions” option to proceed further.
- Visit the “Extension” page and see the “Norton Safe Web” is turned on or off.
- If the tab is turned off then turn it on by clicking on it.
- Now, restart your browser and the computer system.
Essential steps to remove Norton Safe Web from your devices
There are certain steps to be followed for removing the Norton Safe Web from your computer. These steps are as follows:-
- To begin with the steps, firstly click on the “Google Chrome” icon on your desktop.
- In the next step, you have to click on the “Settings” option and then click on the “More Tools” option that is present on the same page.
- After this, you have to click on the “Extensions” option that will redirect you to the Extensions page.
- See whether the Norton Safe Search option is disabled or not.
- If not, click twice to disable it.
- Once done, you have to restart the Browser again and see whether it is disabled completely or not.
What will be the corrective steps to fix the “Norton safe search not working” error?
To fix the “Norton safe search not working” error, you just need to follow the steps mentioned below:-
- To begin the steps, you have to first click on the “Google Chrome” browser and then click on the “Norton” option.
- If there is no pop-up screen appearing on the screen then visit the “Settings” of browser.
- Click on the “Norton” and then click on the option labeled as “Identity Safe” option and after that click on the “Next” button.
- Click on the “General settings” and then tap on the “Next” option and select the “Google Chrome” browser.
- Go through the on-screen instructions to install the extensions.
- Click on the “Continue” option to precede the next step.
- Exit all the tabs and current programs and restart your computer again.
- By now, the error might have been removed. If not, then visit the Norton Customer Support page.
Wrapping it up:-
It is very much essential to know the steps to manage Norton Safe Web; hopefully, the steps that are highlighted in the article will help you to manage Norton Safe Search application effectively. In case, you still encounter any error or issues related to the applications than it is recommended to visit Norton’s official website that goes by the URL norton.com/setup.