Nowadays, whenever we make a search through our web browser, the search result page comes with other things as well. It may include Cookies, advertisements, and links to third-party websites. These links may be suspicious or sometimes lead to a risky website. These websites may also lead you to phishing websites which ultimately lands you in trouble. To avoid such risky situations, Norton has developed Norton Safe Search which is its personal search engine.
If you enable it or add it as an extension to your web browser, then you may ensure that you are never taken to a risky or malicious. This is very important in today’s world where everybody spends a lot of time surfing the web throughout the day. You can easily enable this extension by visiting norton.com/setup and doing the needful.
How to enable Norton Safe Search on Google Chrome?
Once you install a Norton product on your device via norton.com/setup, the program asks you to add the Norton Safe Search to your web browser which you can deny or accept according to your wish. Here is how you can install Norton Safe Search for making secure web searches:
- After the first time installation of the Norton product, you will be automatically taken to the ‘Browser Extension’ page.
- This will then launch you to a new Google Chrome session.
- On this page, you need to select the ‘Click to Add’ option.
- Now, you will see an extension pop-up on your screen.
- Here, select the ‘Add Extension’ option.
- With the Norton safe Search extension enabled on your device, you can add other extensions as well.
Steps to add accompanied Norton extensions
To add extensions such as Norton Home Page and Norton Password Manager, you can follow the steps given below:
- After adding Norton Safe Search, you can easily add these extensions by tapping on the ‘Click to Add’ option.
- Further, select the option reading as ‘Add all Norton extensions for free’.
- Now, click on the ‘Install now’ button and follow some important prompts.
- With this, you can start surfing the web securely.
In case you are unable to add Norton.com/Safesearch extension to your web browser, then there must be a problem with the Norton product you are using. A user should use and install the latest updates of the Norton product via norton.com/setup to enjoy the accompanying features.