Norton is one of the widely used and recommended antivirus solutions available in the market. It not only protects our devices from getting infected with viruses but also safeguards our identity on the Internet. Despite having all these amazing features, you might need to uninstall the software from your devices. The reasons could vary depending on person to person.
Sometimes, your Norton program downloaded via norton.com/setup might start to create hassle in your work because you cannot open it and use it for its specific purpose. The other reason could be that you wish to install a newer version of the software to keep your device updated with the latest security. In such a scenario, the best thing to do is uninstall the program and deploy a newer version of it on your device. Certain methods to do so are given below in this article that might help you to uninstall Norton from your device.
Ways to uninstall Norton security
There are several ways through which you can accomplish your task of uninstalling Norton setup from your device and few of them are mentioned below:
Read also@:- Enjoy the price drop on Symantec’s Norton Security products
Method 1- Uninstall from the “Control Panel”
- From the taskbar of your PC, click on the Start button and then tap on the “Control Panel” tab.
- Now, click on “Programs” and then tap on the option that says “Programs and Features” or “Add or Remove Programs” whichever you see.
- Now choose the product that you wish to uninstall i.e. Norton.
- Click two times on it and tap on “Uninstall/Change” and follow the instructions that appear on your screen. Do not forget to restart your device for the complete removal of the software.
Method 2- Uninstall the software from the Start menu
- First of all, go to the taskbar and click on the “Start” button to locate your Norton product.
- Now, go to the “All Programs” tab and locate “Norton” to uninstall it.
- After this, click on “Uninstall Norton Internet Security”.
- In the end, follow the on-screen instructions and restart your device.
Method 3- Uninstall from the Start screen
- Open your device right-click on the “Norton” icon which is there on your computer’s start screen.
- Now, click on the option that reads as “Uninstall” from the list of options.
- If you see a list that contains recently installed programs, then choose your Norton product.
- After choosing your product, click on the “Uninstall” option and then restart your device.
This is how you can easily uninstall any program such as Norton from your device. If you encounter problems while doing so, then you may visit norton.com/setup to know everything related to Norton.