Norton is one of the top priorities of the users perusing or indulged in online activities due to its wide of advanced features like firewall, an optimizer of device performance, scheduled scanning, real-time scanning, and many more such features. Apart from these features, the entire Norton Setup offers its security to all the devices including Mac, iOS, Android, as well as Windows.
Norton has designed several security solutions or Norton security packages like Norton Internet Security, Norton Antivirus, Norton Antivirus Plus, Norton Mobile Security, and many such packages. All these Norton Setups are easily available onto its official website i.e. Norton.com/Setup.
Sometimes, the users face issues while accessing some urgent documents or websites as they have been blocked by the firewall or some other feature of the Norton Internet Security that has been installed to the users’ device or Norton Internet Security. Thus, the users need to disable the firewall or Norton Internet Security, temporarily. So, the steps to disable the Norton Internet Security have been detailed in the article given below.
By following the steps detailed below, the users of Norton Internet Security could easily disable Norton Internet Security or its firewall feature. The steps are as follows:
- FOR WINDOWS:
- Move to the Notification section of the device i.e. lower rightmost corner.
- Here, select the Norton Internet Security icon using the right-click.
- And then, select the ‘Disable Auto-Protect’ option from the pop-up box displayed over the screen.
- After this, a security box will appear onto the screen that displays a warning. Here, select the time duration till when they prefer to disable the Norton Setup.
- At last, click the ‘OK’ button.
- Thus, Norton Internet Security will be disabled.
- And, if the users like to re-enable the Norton Setup before the duration of disabling gets completed then, repeat the steps from 1 to 3. And then, click the ‘Enable Auto-protect’.
A.1. Disabling the Firewall feature:
- First of all, execute the Norton Setup onto the device.
- And then, go to the ‘Settings’ section of the application.
- Here, click the ‘Firewall’ option, followed by toggling the toggle button in front of the ‘Smart Firewall’ option displayed under ‘General Settings’ heading.
- After this, click the ‘Apply’ button.
- And then, some options for the time period will be projected. Out of this, select the amount of time for which the users want to disable their Norton Security. At last, click the ‘OK’ button.
- FOR MACOS:
- First and foremost, select the ‘Norton Internet Security’ icon onto the dock of MacOS.
- Thus, the user interface of the Norton Setup will be displayed over the screen. Here, click the ‘Advanced’ section.
- And then, select the ‘Protect My Mac’ option from the left pane. Here, ensure that ‘Automatic Scans’ and ‘Idle Scans’ have been disabled.
- And to re-enable the Norton security then, repeat the same procedure, followed by toggling the features of Automatic Scans or Idle Scans to ‘On’.
B.1. Disable the Firewall feature:
- Do follow the aforementioned steps 1 & 2.
- Here, move to the ‘Firewall’ section from the left pane.
- And then, toggle off the ‘Connection Blocking’ and ‘Vulnerability Protection’ features.
- And thus, these features can be re-enabled by toggling the same features as ‘On’.
I hope, this article is fruitful in resolving the issues of its users regarding ‘how to disable Norton Internet Security’. The steps detailed here are simple and easy to follow. Even the company offers its free services for its users so that their errors and issues could be resolved by their experts or technicians. Thus, if any of the methods is creating any doubts then, they are requested to access the official website of Norton Setup i.e. Norton.com/Setup and enjoy its free services.