There are times when you have to uninstall the Norton product from the device. You might need to do this because you wish to uninstall the older version of the product and then reinstall it. Sometimes, you need to uninstall Norton products because it is not working as should be. Therefore, I have listed down some of the ways through which you can uninstall Norton easily. But make sure you reinstall one of the Norton products via norton.com/setup so that you can protect your device with endless security.
You can easily uninstall Norton Security from your PC in the following ways:
- From the Windows Control Panel in Windows 10.
- From the Start menu.
- From Windows ‘Start’ screen in Windows 8/8.1.
Steps to Uninstall Norton from Control Panel in Windows 10
- The first thing you need to do in your Windows 10 device is to click on the ‘Start’ button from the taskbar.
- Now, go to the ‘Control Panel’ and open it.
- After this, click on the ‘All app’ which is present under the Windows system.
- Further, you need to select the ‘Uninstall a program’ option.
- Here, choose your Norton product i.e. Norton Security.
- Consecutively, you need to click on the product name and then click on ‘Uninstall/Change’.
- In the end, restart your computer to achieve the desired results.
Steps to Uninstall Norton Security from the Start menu
- From the taskbar of your Windows device, click on the ‘Start’ button.
- After this, click on the ‘All Programs’ or ‘All apps’ option whichever you see.
- Furthermore, select Norton Security and then select ‘Uninstall Norton Security’.
- Here, you need to make choice if you want to keep Norton Home Page as the default page.
- You also have to choose if you want to keep Norton Safe Search as your default search provider.
- For this, you need to select the checkboxes that are present at the bottom.
- Finally, follow some on-screen instructions and restart your device to complete the process.
Method to Uninstall Norton Security from the Start screen in Windows 8/8.1
- From your Windows 8/8.1, you need to click on the ‘Start’ screen.
- After this, locate your Norton Security and right-click on it.
- Further, click on the ‘Uninstall’ option.
- Now, you will see a list of currently installed programs where you need to click on Norton Security.
- After this, click on the Uninstall/Change option and follow the on-screen instructions.
- In the end, restart your device for completing the process to uninstall Norton.
You may visit norton.com/setup for informational posts on Norton and its products. If you are unable to uninstall or remove Norton by using this method, then you may use Norton Remove and Reinstall tool. You may also try to repeat the procedure and see if it works.